Position: Veterinary Technician – Overnights
Reports to: Technician Supervisor
This position is primarily responsible for patient care including following treatment plans, administration of drugs, monitoring for vital signs and over-all patient assessment. Client communication is an integral part of this role and both communication and hands-on patient care is under the direct supervision of the Specialist and or the Hospitalist on the case. This position is a part of group of Veterinary Technicians working on a rotating schedule to cover all hours of the hospital’s operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must develop a thorough understanding of all common drugs/medications used, procedures and protocols within the Wards and ICU, as well as the ability to use all equipment safely and
- Directly monitor, carry out treatments and procedures, ensure patient comfort and document care for patients so that accurate medical records are maintained and accurate
invoicing can be done
- In addition to written records, ensures that pertinent information and observations relating to patient care is provided to the next shift during oral rounds.
- Carry out communication with; primary Doctor, Hospitalist regarding patient status updates, and alert of any changes or concerns. And Participate in communication with Clients.
- Calculates, dispenses and administers medications at the direction of the Specialist on the case.
- Perform technical nursing skills such as: IV catheter placement, blood collection, urine collection (cystocentesis, catheterization), taking radiographs, etc.
- Ensures supply inventory is sufficient to meet the demands of work area, and that that the work area is kept clean and organized.
- Ensures that all equipment is properly maintained documented and any concerns are reported.
- Responsible for coordinating breaks and delegating appropriate tasks to Patient Care Assistants on shift.
- Facilitate a positive work environment.
- Actively participates in all offered in house CE
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has a strong knowledge and understanding of normal vital parameters, and the ability to recognize changes and or abnormalities.
- A strong knowledge of asepsis
- Strong mathematics skills (drug dose calculations, CRI’s, dilutions)
- Excellent communication skills, computer and phone skills
- A strong desire to learn and to excel within the profession
- Ability to stay calm to recognize and establish priorities and execute patient triage at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision when necessary and ability to work as part of a team
- High level of professionalism
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited program for Veterinary Technologists
- Registered Veterinary Technology designation preferred
- Demonstrated skills, experience and training that would qualify the individual for a position of responsibility
- Sedation and/or General Anesthesia experience preferred
Our Technicians work typically 4 days a week, 10.5 hour shifts, but may be scheduled to work 5 days a week, 8.5 hour shifts in accordance to hospital need.
Days of the Week:
- Tuesday – Friday
- Tuesday shift start times may vary between 19:00 and 22:00
- Wednesday – Friday: 19:00 – 05:30
Please visit Indeed to see all available roles. To apply for an opportunity, please email your Cover Letter and Resume to Human Resources: ([email protected]) ebaergen (at) canadawestvets (dot) com, Attn. Ellie Baergen