Job Title: Receptionist
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Reports to: Client Service Supervisor
Our receptionists are responsible for providing the highest level of service and satisfaction to our referring veterinarians, clients and patients.
Client Services is the central contact at the hospital and has a responsibility to ensure we represent the hospital in a professional manner. As the first face of the hospital it is key to meet and greet our clients with a positive outlook, a friendly smile and make them feel comfortable. We show our clients that we are professionals in our skill and effectively, respond to their inquiries, assist in answering questions and run an efficient business unit.
*Candidate MUST be available to work on a Rotational shift schedule.
Rotations include week days and weekends. Shifts are Typically 10 hours, 4 days a week.
Shift Start Time range from 7am to 10am.
- Greet and offer assistants to clients
- Willing to go above and beyond to exceed clients’ expectations.
- Answer telephone inquiries and direct calls appropriately
- Facilitate communication between clients and hospital medical team
- Ensure work area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with co-workers, clients, doctors and back-end staff
- Organize and receive payments from clients
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to quickly respond to and resolve atypical and emergency situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about customer service with a positive attitude
- Models the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to reflect compassion and empathy for clients in stressful situations.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with last minute changes to ensure the highest level of service for staff and clients
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Experience with Veterinary software programs an asset
- Must be proficient with common computer applications particularly MS Word, Excel, Outlook
Education and Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Veterinary assistants and receptionists (preferred)
- We offer competitive wages and generous shift premiums for evening and overnight shifts
- We have a profit sharing program to recognize our staff’s contributions for our success.
- We believe in your well-being and provide a company sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP) enabling access to caring professionals that can help access support related to fitness, physical health and mental well-being programs.
- We provide employer paid Pet insurance to our employees.
- We believe in recognizing our staff with an anniversary recognition program.
- We offer extended health benefits, paid sick days and a uniform allowance
- We grow together with our monthly in-house CEs.
- We have fun together with our hospital sponsored social events like; having Food Trucks visit us onsite, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, Annual Christmas Party, Pub Nights, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume to Malena McGrogan, Human Resources Generalist, at (email@example.com) careers (at) canadawestvets (dot) com.