- BVSc, Massey University, New Zealand (2014)
- MS, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA (2021)
Advanced Clinical Training:
- Rotating Internship – Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada (2016)
- Research Associate – Small Animal Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA (2017)
- Residency in Small Animal Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA (2021)
- Fellowship Training Program in Veterinary Surgical Oncology, Flint Animal Cancer Center, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA (2022)
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons (Small Animal) (2022)
- Au Yong JA. Canine acanthomatous ameloblastoma. Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology. Published October 3, 2022. https://vsso.org/acanthomatous-ameloblastoma.
- Au Yong JA, Smeak DD. Comparison of Purse-string Techniques to Help Prevent Anal Leakage during Surgery. Am J Vet Res. 2021;83(3):270-274
- Au Yong JA, Kim SE, Case JB. Survey of Clinician and Student Impressions of a Synthetic Canine Model for Gastrointestinal Surgery Training. Vet Surg. 2019; 48(3): 343 – 351.
- Au Yong JA, Case JB, Kim SE, et al. Survey of Instructor and Student Impressions of a High‐fidelity Model in Canine Ovariohysterectomy Surgical Training. Vet Surg. 2019; 48(6): 975 – 984.
- Kim SE, Pozzi A, Au Yong JA, et al. Intra-articular Umbilical Cord Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy for Chronic Elbow Osteoarthritis in Dogs: A Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial. Front Vet Sci. 2019; 6(474): doi: 10.3389/fvets.2019.00474.
- Au Yong JA, Lewis DD, Citino SB, et al. Surgical Management of Appendicular Long Bone Fractures in Free-ranging Florida Panthers (Puma concolor coryi): Six Cases (2000 – 2014). J Zoo Wildl Med. 2018; 49(1): 162-171.
- Au Yong JA, Lewis DD, Evans RB, et al. Retrospective Evaluation of the Efficacy of Minimally Invasive, Fluoroscopic-Assisted Reduction and Stabilisation of Unicondylar Humeral Fractures. Aust Vet J. 2018; 96(8): 302 – 307.