Dr. Hoorntje is currently on maternity leave.
- Pre-veterinary courses, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA (2005)
- DVM, Utrecht University, The Netherlands (2013)
Advanced Clinical Training
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada (2015)
- Residency in Small Animal Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA (2018)
- Roode SC, Shive HR, Hoorntje WP, Bernardt J, Stowe DM, Pool RR, Grindem CB. Multiloculated solitary (unicameral) bone cyst in a young dog. Vet Clin Pathol. 2018 Sep;47(3):484-488