1988 Kootenay St.
Vancouver, B.C. V5M 4Y3
We are located in Greater Vancouver beside the Trans Canada Highway (Highway 1) — one block south of the 1st Avenue exit (EXIT 27) from Highway 1.Call Now
Hours of Operation
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m.– 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m.– 6:00 p.m.
Sundays/Holidays: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
In case of Emergency
- Come to our hospital, we are open 24/7 – No appointment required
- Conveniently park right in front of the reception, in the emergency designated parking
- Your pet is taken to our triage area where vital signs and critical assessment is completed. The emergency veterinarian will then advise you on next steps.
For All New Patients:Patient/Owner Information Form
For new NEUROLOGY Patients, please complete the above form and the following:Neurology Consultation Questionnaire
If your Pet is RETURNING:
For a procedure, which requires sedation or anesthesia, please complete: Anesthesia Sedation Info
For chemotherapy (Oncology or Neurology), please complete: Chemotherapy Drop off Form
For Oncology recheck, please complete: Oncology Recheck FormLearn more
- Do I need a referral?
- How do I get a referral?
- What if I can’t afford surgery or more tests?
- Is there a doctor on staff 24-hours?
- What are the visiting hours?
- Do you have a payment plan?
- Can Canada West Veterinary Specialists be my regular veterinary clinic?
- Can I choose to see the specialist I want?
- What happens in the initial consultation?
- Will my veterinarian be updated?
Cost of Care
Our goal is to offer you the best possible care available for your pet and to then let you decide what is best for your pet and for your family. To provide the best possible care, we use the same state of the art diagnostic equipment used in human medicine (MRI, Spiral CT scans), a digital radiology system to improve our imaging abilities and shorten anesthesia time. All anesthetized patients are monitored using the same multi-parameter monitoring machines used in human hospitals (ECG, end-tidal CO2, pulse oximetry, temperature and indirect blood pressure measurement).Learn more
Canada West Veterinary Specialists uses Peace of Mind Pet Transport to transport patients from hospital to hospital, to and from the ferries, and to and from the airport as needed.
Peace of Mind will transport your pet to and from Vancouver International Airport’s main terminal, south terminal, and air cargo and will ensure that all documentation is ready for Canada Customs, if applicable. These services must be pre-booked to make sure your pet is on time for airline reservations, particularly on weekends.
- Peace of Mind Pet Services: (604) 760-4404
If you are traveling from out of town for your pet’s care, we suggest the following:
Phone: (604) 473-5000
Fax: (604) 473-5095
2 blocks south of our hospital.
Phone: (604) 688-7711
Fax: (604) 688-5934