About the Fund
The Jessie + Bandit Animal Care Fund is designed to manage donations received by Canada West and to use those donations to provide financial assistance for the cost of care to owners of pets being treated at our hospital in appropriate cases.
Our charity depends on the generous donations of the public and our ability to assist families in need with their pet health needs is directly dependant on the availability of donated funds from time to time.
Not everyone who applies for help from the Jessie + Bandit Animal Care Fund will receive it as the limited resources cannot meet the level of need. Hospital veterinarians will determine the recipients on a case-by-case basis according to fund resources and the patient’s situation. They will consider applicants meeting the following criteria:
- The patient is being treated at Canada West
- The care must be critical to patient’s quality of life
- The patient must have a reasonable prognosis
- The owner(s) must have financial need
- The owner(s) agree to pictures and video of their pets (pending a good outcome) being used on Canada West and third party websites, social media channels and other promotional materials for the Jessie + Bandit Animal Care Fund
Jessie + Bandit Animal Care Fund money recipients will never be asked to pay the money back. The Fund will continue to rely only on donations, not payments.
For more information, visit the Jessie + Bandit Fund Website or DONATE NOW.